Valheimis the combination ofMinecraftand a Viking RPG we didn't know we needed. Viking lore and Norse mythology have become a hot topic in modern gaming. Independent titles likeiron songyuntil the endbrought us 2D side-scrolling Viking adventures andAssassin's Creed: Valhallaput the Vikings on the map with its 2020 release.Valheimis looking to get its act together, quickly becoming the most downloaded game on Steam in recent history. However, a viking is only as good as his ax and armor. Here is a list of the best armors inValheimand how to do it.
- leather armor set
- bronze armor set
- iron armor set
- troll armor set
- Wolf Armor Set
- padded armor set
- loose pieces
- Valheim's Best Weapons and How to Get Them
- The best PC games for 2021
- The best multiplayer PC games
leather armor set
When you first appear in the world ofValheim, you will be dressed only in rags. The Leather Armor set will take you through the tutorial-like early stages of the game as you learn to craft, fight, and gather. Once you've learned how to build your workbench, you'll need to craft the Raw Bow. Now get ready to hunt deer. The Leather Armor set will require Bone Shards and Deerskin.
Leather armor recipes and defense ratings
- leather helmet:6x Stag (Defense - 2)
- leather tunic:6x Stag (Defense - 2)
- Leather pants:6x Stag (Defense - 2)
- suede cover:6x deerskin | 5x Bone Fragments (Defense - 1)
Leather armor won't last much longer after acquiring the horn pickaxe. However, this armor is a must to defeat Eikthyr,de ValheimFirst boss battle.
bronze armor set
The Bronze Armor will take you much further inValheimand it will be the next step once you hit your first peak. You will explore the Black Forest and mine as much copper and tin as you can. After building a forge, you will be able to make bronze by combining copper and tin. Bronze Armor won't help you for the rest of the game, but it will be vital for surviving in new areas and gathering the necessary resources to upgrade. Obviously, Bronze Armor will be significantly heavier than leather and will provide more durability and protection.
Bronze Armor Recipes and Defense Ranks
- bronze helmet:5x Bronze | 2x Suede (Defense - 8)
- Bronze Plate Cuirass:5x Bronze | 2x Suede (Defense - 8)
- Bronze Plate Leggings:5x Bronze | 2x Suede (Defense - 8)
While the basic defensive rating of bronze armor starts at eight, you can upgrade the quality of each piece for additional bronze and stag skins. Quality level three brings each piece to a defense rating of 12.
iron armor set
After defeating Bonemass,de Valheimthird boss, you can start your iron armor journey. You will unlock Iron Armor part recipes after crafting iron for the first time. To do this, use the smelter to turn scrap found in muddy scrap piles into iron ingots. However, where are these piles of mud?
At this point in the game, you've obtained a key.de ValheimSecond boss, The Old Man. Use this key to access the sunken crypts, where piles of muddy rubbish abound.
Iron Armor Recipes and Defense Ratings
- iron helmet:20x Iron | 2x Suede (Defense - 14)
- Iron Scale Mail:20x Iron | 2x Suede (Defense - 14)
- Iron Greaves:20x Iron | 2x Suede (Defense - 14)
When you fully upgrade the quality, each piece of iron armor will jump to a defense rating of 20. Do this by using additional pieces of iron and deershide.
troll armor set
Every good RPG has its stealth/stealth mechanics.ValheimIs no different. Troll Armor is the best light armor set in the game, providing 25% more to your poacher when wearing the full four-piece set. You will need a lot of troll skins to craft the complete set of troll armor. Fortunately, trolls are easy to spot and can be found early in the Dark Forest and in the Troll Caves. If you're lucky, you might even create the complete Troll set before challenging Eikthyr.
Trolls are slow and easy to evade. Take your bow and bombard them with arrows from a distance. While Troll Armor doesn't offer the same kind of protection that you get from Bronze and Iron Armor, the sneaky perk will have you critically attacking enemies before they have a chance to damage you.
Troll Armor Recipes and Defense Ratings
- Troll Leather Helmet:5x Troll Skin | Bone Fragment 3x (Defense - 6)
- Trollleather Tunic:5x Trollhide (Defense - 6)
- Troll Leather Pants:5x Trollhide (Defense - 6)
- Troll Pele Cloak:10x Troll Skin | 10x Bone Fragments (Defense - 1)
Obtain bone fragments by defeating the skeletons that roam everywhere.Valheim. At quality level four, the troll's helmet, tunic, and pants will increase to a dense rating of 12.
Wolf Armor Set
The Wolf Armor set is the most versatile set in the game. However, it won't be the easiest set to create. Players will have to travel to the cold Mountain Biome, where they will slowly die without frost-resistant mead. Be sure to consume a generous layer of alcohol before embarking on the wolf hunt. Building the Wolf Armor set will give you cold resistance and you won't have to drunkenly wander the mountains in search of more pelts.
A unique piece of gear you'll need is The Chain, which is dropped by Wraiths in the Swamp Biome. In addition to Wolf Pelts and Silver, you will need Wolf Fangs and Wolf Trophy.
Wolf Armor sets recipes and defense ratings
- Wolf Armor Chest:20x Silver | 5x Wolfskin | 1x Chain (Defense - 20)
- Wolf Armor Leggings:20x Silver | 5x wolf skins | 4x Wolf Fangs (Defense - 20)
- Wolf Mantle:4x Silver | 6x wolf skins | 1x Wolf Trophy (Defense — 1)
The Wolf Armor set does not come with a helmet, so players need to equip their bronze helmet or craft an iron helmet for maximum protection. Upgrade the quality of the Wolf's Armor to bring the defense rating of the legs and chest pieces to 26 overall. Wolf Armor is also a must for defeating the dragon boss, Moder.
padded armor set
The padded armor set isde Valheimendgame armor and what each player should strive to achieve. It won't be available until you defeat Moder, a black-scale dragon summoned by three dragon eggs in the mountain biome. If you think you're not well equipped to fight a dragon, the Padded Armor set won't come close.
The Padded Armor set is a multi-step process that will require a few different prerequisites.
- Build a crafting table using the dragon's tear dropped by Moder.
- Create a Spinner Wheel for the Crafting Table: 20x Hardwood | 10x Nails | 5x Pieces of Leather
- Use the spinning wheel to turn flax into flax.
Once you've completed these steps, you'll be able to craft the materials needed to build the padded armor pieces.
Padded Armor Recipes and Defense Ratings
- padded helmet:10x Iron | 15 Threads of Linen (Defense - 26)
- Padded breastplate:10x Iron | 20 Threads of Linen (Defense - 26)
- Padded greaves:10x Iron | 20 Threads of Linen (Defense - 26)
Padded armor will give you all the protection and more iron armor without negatively affecting your movement speed. Upgrade the padded armor's quality to bring it up to a defense rating of 32.
Outside of the various combinations of armor sets, there are individual pieces of equipment that you'll want to find inValheim. As you may have noticed, many of the above armors don't come with a helmet or cape. This is where mixing these individual items together will take your armor game to the next level.
Purchase this helmet for 620 gold from Haldor the merchant in the Black Forest Biome. The Dverger Circlet will provide a permanent source of light when exploring caves and adventuring at night.
After venturing into the Mountain Biome, you'll encounter flying enemies known as Drakes. Use whatever ranged attacks you have at your disposal to kill them. Keep killing Drakes until you get two Drake Trophies. To craft the Drake Helmet, combine:
- 20x paid
- 2 x wolf skins
- 2 drake trophies
The Drake Helmet is the perfect addition to your Wolf Armor set and has a base Defense of 20.
- Where to get Red9 in Resident Evil 4
- Every Resident Evil game, ranked from best to worst
- How to Connect a PS5 Controller to a PC
- The best upcoming PS5 games: 2023 and beyond
- The best indie games on Nintendo Switch